Thursday 29 August 2013

And I Said What About......Lunch at Luigis?

As I was walking to Luigis last week, this caught my eye.







Dozens of wooden hangers so carefully placed in unison keeping each other stable as they curve away from the concrete ground of Emmet Place. This frames a centre piece of sand, rocks and pebbles. It is so energising to see such a naturalistic piece amongst the city centre hustle and bustle.


Today as I made my way to Luigi’s I saw a man across from the artwork with a large trolley spotted with hangers...I pottered over to him to see if he was the person behind this beautiful sunny days project. Low and behold he was!





Today he had created a piece which from one angle looks like a human eye and from another it looks like a rowing boat. He let me take a picture of him sitting in his ‘boat’. He informed me that his inspiration came from the harmonisation he picked up from the energies exerted by the people around him. What an amazing approach to life!


After my very interesting encounter with this artist I couldn’t believe the time – it was nearing 2pm and definitely time for lunch! I really had worked up an appetite after such a busy morning so I ordering a BBQ pizza of the Luigi lunch menu.





While I was waiting for the pizza I enjoyed a nice cool Coke and chilled by the front of the restaurant. It is included in the lunch menu for a reasonable €9.75 so I said why not!


After about 20 minutes my delicious pizza arrived! I’d say the guests sitting near me must have thought I was an Instagram fanatic updating my status every 2 minutes with the amount of pictures I took of my lunch. It was difficult to capture just how amazing my pizza looked and it tasted even better! It didn’t take long before I had the whole thing devoured.





Top tip for Luigi Fans – ask for a portion of sweet chilli with your BBQ pizza it makes a very tasty dip!


I used Instagram to take pictures for today’s blog. It’s a great tool for any budding photographer to make everyday snaps picture perfect!This week at Luigis we are launching an exciting new Instagram competition – join the fun and find out more by checking out our Luigi Malones Facebook page at www.facebook.com/luigimalones


So that is all from me today I better get back to work!


Stay tuned,


Aisling.

No comments:

Post a Comment