Tuesday 20 August 2013

Luigis - It keeps you young!!

I spent last Saturday at Luigis on Emmet place. I relished the atmosphere! It was bustling with families, couples and tourists. I got a giggle from one gang of tourists in particular when they complemented us on our ‘free’ tap water. I imagine this was the first restaurant they had been to on their trip to Ireland! I particularity enjoyed meeting a Boisterous bunch of OAPs who frequent the restaurant every weekend for morning tea and scones. They were so cheerful and beaming with the joys of life. They couldn’t help but make me smile.

I took some pictures outside thinking I’d make the most of the 15 minutes of sunshine when one of the OAPs popped up to me and asked ‘what in God’s name I was up to’. I was hunched down like a rabbit aiming to get what I thought at the time to be quite a creative shot. I hopped up in shock and captured only a blurry mess. Unknown to myself I had been blocking the way to this gentleman’s bicycle. The second I mentioned I was working for the restaurant his whole reaction changed and it led to what I found to be quite an uplifting story. He told me about his treasured Saturday mornings when he mounted his bike for his weekly cycle to socialize with his friends- ‘keeps you young’ he said. He shared with me the fun times he had splitting a pizza with his wife and having a good laugh over coffee with his Friends at Luigis. He spoke about their special table they don’t even need to reserve. There is not as many chairs around the table as old times, but still great times all the same.

                  



This really made me think how Luigis is a home away from home – where guests feel comfortable and can kick back and relax and enjoy their meal. It also made me think about just how much I will miss this wonderful place after the summer. I will be winding things down over the next two weeks there is still quite a lot to do. It seems the things I thought would be a breeze when I started are more tedious than anticipated, while many of the foreseen challenges seem like a walk in the park. I began in June with a barrel of goals which I feel so close to touching. This Blog has been successful, this week has seen 1000 views being hit. This was my aim for the summer so hopefully we go above and beyond this – thank you to all of the subscribers! I am 100% new to the blogging world and I was expecting this aspect of the job to be a chore. However I have enjoyed it to so much. I will be continuing to document the rest of my year in the working world, this will begin shortly with my new job hunt and relocation.

The goal which I found to be more of a challenge was running an e-mail marketing campaign, this is a lot more complicated than I imagined. I want to get into this in more detail in my next blog post for anyone that is interested in finding out more. A task which I have learned so much from is analysing comment cards. Frankly, this was something which I expected would have my brain melted with boredom. However I have found this absolutely fascinating. After nearly two months of tidying up a database I feel like I may have developed OCD (only kidding). All joking aside working on a database has been such a worthwhile experience and has tightened up my attention to detail immensely. I have really enjoyed every aspect of this job. In next week’s post I will get into these tasks in more detail and let you know what I have been up to behind the scenes at Luigis.

Stay tuned,

Aisling

No comments:

Post a Comment